 Trains / 23463 (-20)
  A Wedding & a Chruch

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I picked a few of my favorite sections. Feel free to move this if necessary. I'm getting married about 3 hours from now. For the occasion, I build a church scene in Miniland scale for the reception. I didn't have (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Only Two Weeks Left to Pre-Register for NWBrickCon™ 2004!

Don't miss out on your opportunity to save money and get exclusive goodies! If you register (and pay) by October 1st, you will get the entire Attendees Packet, including Name Badge. Plus there are items we are putting in the packets that only (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon™ has Updated its Website!

I am pleased to announce that we have updated our website to simplify its navigation and have added several features: • Who's Coming? Click on the link and you will know! • What's Happening? Click on the calendar and ceck it out day by day! • Can (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  A San Francisco Street - complete with hill and houses

Hi all, Following on the construction of a (URL) San Francisco Victorian>, I decided to build an entire San Francisco street. It is of course built on a hill, and includes three complete Victorians, and one under construction. Each of the houses has (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Having had a look at your pictures I can see what you mean, you have used the hole in 2x3 magnnet holder AND the stud on the top to give strength (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Sure it can be done, but it is very uncommon. I seriously doubt that any wall-wart (even very good ones) do it. I have a very high quality wall-wart. It puts out 2A at 3 to 24V, is very stable at the whole range from very little to full load (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) A friend did the mistake for me... but I had to repair a few of his RCXs! The connector he used to plug an external supply was prone to be shorted (on RCX side) when he unplugged it. It was only several fuses later that we understood the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Not nearly impossible. It just requires a little more intelligence be put into the power supply. All the regulated power supplies my company produces contain a circuit called a down programmer. This circuits job is to discharge the filter (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Thanks for pointing that out, Philo. I think I'll stick to the non-hopped up version! :-) (...) Hopefully you didn't find this out the hard way... Mark (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) It is nearly impossible to build a power supply that puts out the rated voltage when there is no load. Most will put out too high a voltage (like you have seen), some just shut down. To meassure the voltage of a PS, shorten it with a 1000 Ohm (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) Indeed, the input capacitor of the RCX is rated 10V, so I would not do that for a too long time. This 1000µF capacitor, used to keep memory during battery exchange, is directly connected to RCX board supply input. By the way, this capacitor is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) You need to check the voltage while the PS is under load. Pretty much every power supply puts out more when the load is low or nothing. Has to do with loads of factors, but mostly quality of the PS (and (thus) internal resistance of the PS) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply

(...) On a marginally related note, does someone out there have the equipment to accurately test the output voltage of some typical dc power supplies like the one used for this external ps? I tested every ps I could find in my house (probably 20 or (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  RCX 2.0 Power Supply

I've crossposted to .trains because this will be useful for those wanting to run LDCC with an RCX 2. Hi All, I've posted some photos on Brickshelf of an external power supply for the RCX 2. The nice part about the design is that program memory is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NWBrickCon™ 2004 Speed and Master Build Contests

The ISD Speed Build has been done. And Done. And DONE! We in the Great NorthWest are going to present a new challenge. An open competition speed build - each contestant alone. No teamwork, no committee, no sharing of the glory - or the prizes! Here (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle) !!

  Great Edmonton Train Show (GETS) this weekend

This weekend, Sept 18 & 19th The Great Edmonton Train Show is being held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. If you are in the neighborhood drop by and check out NALUG's display this year. The show is being held at the Mayfield Inn Trade Center, 16615-109 (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Tim, I believe the practice with such systems is to cross the chains, which would reduce the sag on curves somewhat. (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

Mind you, having had a look at my prototype again, it seems it used a centre buffer and side chains, the problem with that of course, is that for Lego 'corners' the chains would have to be so long they would drag on the track! Tim (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I had considered the problem of relying on the friction of the axles/pegs. My thoughts were that the magnet to magnet join would actually be the weak link, although the coupling assembly might pull apart a little at a time with use. Presumably (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) That's right. The problem with that is you're relying on the strength of the axle and peg friction in order not to pull the couplings apart. With 12-wide stock there's some serious weight to pull! Also, your magnet holder is likely to rotate, (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact