 Trains / 23448 (-5)
  Great Edmonton Train Show (GETS) this weekend

This weekend, Sept 18 & 19th The Great Edmonton Train Show is being held in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. If you are in the neighborhood drop by and check out NALUG's display this year. The show is being held at the Mayfield Inn Trade Center, 16615-109 (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) Tim, I believe the practice with such systems is to cross the chains, which would reduce the sag on curves somewhat. (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

Mind you, having had a look at my prototype again, it seems it used a centre buffer and side chains, the problem with that of course, is that for Lego 'corners' the chains would have to be so long they would drag on the track! Tim (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) I had considered the problem of relying on the friction of the axles/pegs. My thoughts were that the magnet to magnet join would actually be the weak link, although the coupling assembly might pull apart a little at a time with use. Presumably (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Couplings for long overhang 4 wheeled vehicles

(...) That's right. The problem with that is you're relying on the strength of the axle and peg friction in order not to pull the couplings apart. With 12-wide stock there's some serious weight to pull! Also, your magnet holder is likely to rotate, (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact