 Trains / 23264
    Re: Roundy Roundy —David Laswell
   (...) Now that sounds like an interesting setup. If you build a mountain large enough, you should theoretically be able to set it up with parallel tracks and an automated switching system so that one train can go into the mountain and another train (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Roundy Roundy —James Powell
     (...) It's been done, certanly by VLC and probably by others. (The magic long trainshed by Larry P. as well, I think). As regards why a circular layout- at home, I have enough room that I could run end to end. I don't, instead, I chose to make 2 (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Roundy Roundy —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) That one's not done by me. Not sure who did it, sorry. (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Roundy Roundy —James Powell
     (...) I thought it was you who did one with a doodle bug of one colour entering, and a different one leaving? Anyway, someone did one like that, which gives the same effect as hiding a train in a mountain. James Powell (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Roundy Roundy —Jason J. Railton
   (...) I wasn't thinking of a passing loop. Just a point that can switch a train out the back of the display at 90° to the running line, and another that can come back in just down the line. You have two parallel tracks for extracting and inserting (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)