 Trains / 23002
Re: Need inspiration for town buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 18:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brian Kendig wrote:
I've been wanting to build buildings around my Lego railroad - not just
open-backed buildings like are in most Lego sets, but buildings which look good
from all directions. But I've been sadly suffering from an utter lack of
inspiration. I could use some pointers to good web sites of people who have
built their own houses and small-town buildings, or to any other ideas people
have for what to build!

I went through the same problem while our local train club converted my
Mindstorms/Technic interest into a more general Lego town/train interest. Most
of my initial inspiration came from browsing brickshelf's huge wealth of train
show pics. So start there.

Then go out and about where you live and take a "real" look at some of the local
architecture and sit down to try and build what you like the look of. After
wrestling with scale and style, you'll quickly evolve your own!

best

JB