 Trains / 22898 (-5)
  A 'small' video of my home layout

A freind brought his video caera over and we did the 'video camera being pushed around the layout' thing... See it here-- (URL) you can, please download the video and view it from your local HD--my little webserver might have issues with many (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) The second I hit send on my second message in this thread, yours showed up in the newsticker. Nice timing. I've considered the train car length and see what you mean. The first idea was just to keep the cars short, but I do see how that is (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

Me again. I was just catching up on the cool container threads that were going on awhile ago. Jason, Jake etc came up with some really great ideas. But this brings up a new issue. Most of the container ideas thrown around are 8 wide. This clashes (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Ouch. Please take into account that any train-like construction over a certain (very short) length needs to be put on svivel (SP?) bases in order to be kept on track. So even if then train car stays within 6 studs, a car of 24-32 studs length (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

Let's hammer this out for good this week. I'd like to put it on the Moonbase site soon. We'll work on width first. Look at this bad pic: (URL) Lenny has proposed that the train track also be moved to the seam between baseplates. I see pros and cons (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact