 Trains / 2285
  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) SPUD = Special Purpose, Useless, Decorative. Think yellow rafts from Divers. POOP = Piece Out of Other Pieces. Things that should have been multiple pieces. Think 5-high bricks, angled bricks with double slopes, Town Jr. elements. Steve (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) I guess after the 3rd or 4th yellow raft they become a SPUD, if they appeared in smaller quantities, I wouldn't object. They do look good. I need to get the Bellville set which has a pink one though... (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) 'Useless' is in reference to building other stuff out of them. I'd *really* like to see someone build something with the raft which isn't a raft. Steve (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) But minifig accessories are okay, yeah? I think of the raft as just a really big example. (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) I'd think of the raft as a cheater peice: (URL) can build it out of regular lego peices, but instead of being imaginative, they build a new peice. Okay, having said that, I kinda like the zodiacs. Ciao! (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Does anyone accually like 4561?

(...) Minifig accessories are okay, because they are small (and therefore cheap). But the best minifig accessories are the sort-of generic space-tools, specifically (in generally descending order of my preference): (6 URLs) These pieces can be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews)