 Trains / 22798
  sliding door

hi this is a train with a sliding door: (URL) looking at the train we don't see the door because it looks like an ordinary window. This image shows the mechanism: (URL) uses two special plates to control the door movement. See the detail in this (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) Oh wow, I need to let the caffeine I'm having for breakfast start to work before I try to understand this... Very cool, very clever - and well disguised from the outside of the train. Great job! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) That is just great. I feel a boxcar coming on. Thanks for sharing Chucko (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

Hello, This is really cute (or cool and clever, as John put it). From what I can see it is even more playable than LEGO's original train doors, and very suitable for any modern high speed train. It inspired me to come up with a way to make it still (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)