 Trains / 22638 (-20)
  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I had thought that, t would reduce the rare piece count but would reduce the strength (actually it reduced it in one direction and increase it in another, hmm does it even need the strength there?) (...) There are two versions of this part, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) It's an interesting idea. You could alternate 5-studded 'dalek' bricks with 1-stud technic 'tumble-dryer' bricks along the centre line. Have you tried building this for real yet though? I thought that all the 1x2 plates with handles had at (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ribbed panel construction idea

While working out how to do the ribbed sides common on many modern locomoives I hit upon using this part (URL) After a serious of experiments to get the offset right I eventually came up with this design (URL) This basis can be scaled to suit, this (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) I'm not sure, but as far as I can guess, the outer ring of the wheels looks like the "holder" ring you get with the minifig black tools & utensils. Arne, Copenhagen (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I used flex rods in my design ,mainly for looks. They don't really flex in my design. My train is a 4 6 2. Is this the part #3747, which you are talking about?I used a 3 long technic axel with stud on one end.This is on the middle (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Modifying 9v Wyes

Must be my week to do crazy stuff with my LEGO collection... (URL) which I took a Dremel to two of my train switches. I was inspired by a picture I saw about a week ago from another LEGO train show (can't track down the post--I'm too tired) and it's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) [snipped] (...) Jeroen/All, Sadly, I fear you're right. One additional thing Brad Justus recently said (at LEGO World) was that he didn't think LEGO Direct should be making new trains for a while, but maybe just new track. I believe his reason (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl

(...) I am very proud of you, Jake! :-) For your wonderful creation, and your great idea. I love the warehouse-- very "industrial" looking, very convincing. And I love the idea of playing with intermodal containers and having a "standard". What I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

Hi Came across the following set of pictures of a large scale steam engine on Brickshelf. (URL) well done. What I want to know is how the wheels were constructed. I am in the process of trying to make a John Deere Model D tractor with steel wheels, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

In lugnet.loc.au, Sonnich Jensen wrote: After moderation: (URL) 1) There is one of Gary's track buffer taking a hit. (these were great, ther (...) Aaron will have photos and building instructions up soon. (...) Runs on small cog wheels and is (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) They say imitation is the best form of flattery ;) (and just because I'm posting to .trains, doesn't mean I'm going to build another one :P) Michael (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl

(...) Ha! I didn't even think about that... John Neal will be so proud! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

(...) James, I received another email from them today stating that the order was received and now placed. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for checking into this. Mark (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

The first train show we did, i took some movies, but my camera is a bit wide. (All the movies were on the side) Aaron (...) (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) That was a type-o :) I realized after I posted. I think I mentioned earlier that I really like your 8 wide rendition, though I will never make the jump to that scale ;) I'll stick with my 6 wide SD70ace Dave K -still doesn't know why the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) Josh (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) SD70ACe, ;) (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) My thinking on the techinic peg/axle (part #3747) is that the drive rod will remain rigid, and, since one side of the peg/axle connecter can move in and out freely, the space between the drive rod and the wheel will change. Unfortunately, I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  A new American Class 4-4-0 wood burning steam engine

I just finished uploading pictures of my new steam engine to my web site. I decided to put up pictures even though the engine is still missing one black macaroni brick (Since a lot of my LEGO is still in boxes from the last move, it will be a while (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Done, well sort of. I have already completed a mallard, although it was built before bbb wheels. Instead i am using the old red wheels, and some metal flanges they are very similar in size to the bbb wheels. The way I acomplished it was a set (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact