 Trains / 22596
    Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout —Joseph Woolley
   I think we determined that the derail was caused the wheels being a little too close together. Even with the large flanges, the steam engine would traverse the switch, if a small washer were used to keep the big wheels a bit farther apart. Also, one (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout —Paul Janssen
   (...) That's right, without extra washer it is too tight. so, one could either modify the switch, but easier would be the use of washers (or if big wheels are used on an axle, make it a bit more roomier. (...) oops, yup, that is right. when (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)