 Trains / 22567
    Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —John Gerlach
   (...) I'm not sure how well it shows up in the pictures, but the middle driver axle is a 'blind' driver - the flanges have been removed from those two wheels. This way, I'm really just running a two-axle configuration, the middle axle is more for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —Ben Fleskes
   In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) fyi Big Ben Bricks LLC is working on a mold to produce an unflanged wheels for purchase. John has a few prototypes of the 'blind' driver. Kind regards, Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —Jason J. Railton
   (...) Well, stop wasting your time on LUGNet and get on with it! ;-) Seriously Ben, we can hardly wait. I gather these prototypes have some of the back of the wheel missing too, so the flanges of the outer wheels can tuck in behind. These means the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —Geoff Snell
     In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's how I managed to do it too! (...) I managed to fit the cylinders to the front bogie so they articulate too, but can't fit push rods though (...) Wouldn't normally do a Mallard Jason, but (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —Jason J. Railton
     (...) Thanks. And I can feel the peer pressure building - I can see myself ending up doing that A4 Pacific. Hopefully it'll be better than this one: (URL) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels —Lewis Valentine
   (...) Done, well sort of. I have already completed a mallard, although it was built before bbb wheels. Instead i am using the old red wheels, and some metal flanges they are very similar in size to the bbb wheels. The way I acomplished it was a set (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)