 Trains / 21988
Re: Stockholm Arlanda Express: Train and airport station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Egil Kolind wrote:
Hello,

This is my latest creation: The Arlanda Express train and Arlanda Station.

Arlanda Express connects Stockholm (Sweden) and the international airport
Arlanda.

Pictures of the station:

Pictures of the train:

I spent a lot of time shaping the SNOT nose of the train
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=616762). What do you think of
it?

Pictures of the real station and the train are found here:

I used tracks for the roof to create the characteristic toplights of the
underground station. It works pretty well, I think. I tried different lighting
to get it right.

I'd love to hear any comment you might have!

Enjoy,

Egil Kolind, 14 years
Copenhagen, Denmark

Nice model, I recognised it from the photos of the station
For those that haven't been there this station is amazing, its built under the
airport and cut out of very dark coloured volcanic rock (I think) With the
stainless steel and glass and modern trains its all a bit James Bond villain's
lair.

Tim