 Trains / 21956
    Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —Jason J. Railton
   Ben's wheels have arrived in the UK, back where it all began... (URL) Stephenson's 'Rocket'>> Image is (URL) clickable> once the folder's been moderated. I just wanted to say a big thank-you to Ben for this excellent new part. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —David Koudys
     (...) Wouldn't mind at all for that is a most excellent MOC! It's small, simple, yet elegant and captures the original rail loco beautifully! Nicely done! Dave K (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —Josh Baakko
     (...) I saw this on Bricklink earlier today, AWSOME, great job man! I think I'll order a FEW of those wheels, I wish there were a little more filled out version, compairison wise to the US "Super Heated Boiler" locomotives, but it may work fine... (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —Teunis Davey
   (...) THE ROCKET !! Great train model ! It's the First steam train ? If only we could get yellow 9 & 12V train wheels ! How did you get the 2*2 dome brick built onto the boiler ? Thanks, Teunis. (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —Andy Stringer
   (...) The Rocket wasn't the first steam locomotive, but its famous for winning the Railhill trials and being selected as the production loco for the Liverpool and Manchester Railway (rumour has it that George Stephenson, the Rocket's designer (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Would you mind awfully if I threw it down old-school? —Jason J. Railton
   (...) Not entirely accurate - it was the 'Rainhill' trials, and the prize was the contract to build and run that first commercial railway. There was a documentary on British TV recently where they re-ran the trials using working replicas of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)