 Trains / 21909
  3 axle trucks

I want to build a SD70m in 7 wide but wanted to figure out how to do the 3 axles first. Here's what I came up with. It will cross switches and cross overs in forward and reverse and at varying speeds. It also matches the detail of the decorative (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3 axle trucks

This looks very good, bit heavy on the 3X2 plates with hole maybe tho! It gives the effect of being one unit while bending which is what you were intending. Although its not entirey visually symmetrical it doesn't matter, most bogies (trucks) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3 axle trucks

(...) Mike, I like it, I like it a lot. I might switch my design to that. The only thing that I am worried about is torque. On my engine, the pivitoing part is the part that pulls the load, but I'll never know if I don't try. (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)