 Trains / 21904
  New gray track doesn't match

I just compared a switch track that that I just recieved from S@H (happy birthday to me) to an old switch track that I have had for a few years. First, I now know what people mean by the new stiffer points. My old points are the "old not as stiff (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) I little Brasso on those rails will shine them right up ;) jt (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) Are you sure its not a batch of "Dark Stone Grey" rails now? Josh (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) That was my point. The "new gray" has already made it into the train track rails. Since there is no freshness date on LEGO, there is no reason to move old stock to the front of the shelf; thus, there could still be some "old gray" out there. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) I can't understand why Lego is only going halfway with the color change. Why aren't they promoting the new colors with splashy advertising on the boxes that say "New and Improved Colors! Now even more compatible with your MegaBlocks (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

I was at the Lego Outlet at Potomac Mills over the weekend. They had train track in stock. Some of the stock had updated packaging with the "World City" logo on it. The set numbers are the same, just new packaging. I did not buy any to compare, but (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) I was at Potomac Mills yesterday and purchased a set of straight in the new box art to compare color. It is still the original dk.gray. Nate (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) Bad form, replying to myself... The more I hear about the new dark gray, the more I think that the color mismatch I am seeing is just a slightly discolored old gray track being compared to a fresh old gray track that hasn't dicolored. Sorry (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)