 Trains / 21747
  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

(...) Well I was thinking of not actually installing the decoder in the motor - here's my idea: 1. Cut through the conductors under the 2x2 connector on the motor. 2. Connect the power pickups to 2 of the contacts, the motor to the other 2. 3. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

(...) This sounds like a great solution if you can pull it off. This, or contacts at both ends with pickup on one end and motor power on the other, are what we'd been hoping LEGO would do in a redesign of the motor but Brad has said not to count on (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)