 Trains / 21718 (-5)
  Re: Lessons learned...

(...) Yuk. Yeah I've sheared one of the bogey pins before. Well OK it wasn't actually mine, but it still made me sad.... (...) It's the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement, and all you have to do to join is sing it the next time it comes (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-2 Chloe

(...) That's really cute! I like how you used the red nacelles and wheel to create the body. The fire box is a nice touch, too. The only suggestion I might have would be to exaggerate the roof of the cab a bit (perhaps with an overhang) and make it (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 0-4-2 Chloe

(...) I only had time for a quick perusal but I didn't see any modified bricks. Are you feeling OK? I ask because I care. We tend to worry about you when we don't see modded stuff. It's an, um..., interesting model. I see the inspiration. I think (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

I'm wondering...... Would it be possible to pull the metal wheels from a dead 9V train motor, and fit them into a standard wheelset frame, and convert it into a power pickup? Seems to me it should be possible, it's just how much work it would be. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Lessons learned...

First lesson-- the DCC accessory block needs an actual motor attached to the motor output in order for the RCX LDCC to detect and program the DCC chip in the accessory brick. This I did not know. Was wondering what was wrong when I had the DCC (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact