 Trains / 21586
  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Okay I tried measuring resistance on track 47 joints long (a broken circle) but still, the resistance is only 2-6 ohms. Then I tried running them one at a time. Even on top notch the older motor needs nudging to start on straight, has real (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) You can test this for yourself. Measure the voltage of a 9v battery with your voltmeter, then measure it again in series with a 10K resistor. It's still 9V! Now, think of all those track pieces (and joints) as tiny little resistors... :-) Mark (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HELP! Train motors dead and dieing!

(...) Peter, It sounds like the wheels are too close together and can not contact the inside of both rails of a straight. Curves are closer together for a train motor. Wheels are press fit on axles so can move. Bruce (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)