 Trains / 21507
  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: Please do not regard this as a complaint, I'm just curious about some principal design choices: Why has the idea of sizing an opening allowing the user to insert a 1x1 round plate covering the axle hole, been (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) My guesses are that this tooling has been under development for some time, certainly well before Ben's analysis was posted... so these ideas were not known at the time of development. Redoing tooling at this point will add a lot of cost, I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Adding the counterweight means taking out more material of the molds, so that should be possible although costly indeed... the recessed area for the 1*1 plate unfortunately is the opposite :( Hope to see some of these wheels "live" soon so to (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) The appearance of a counterweight could easily be added by applying a suitably colored decal (or something like electrical tape) to the spokes. As mentioned in this (URL) message>, you can use a marker to touch up the edges if your decal is (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)