 Trains / 2149
  Commuter train (WIP)

Hi All, I am working on a commuter train light rail called the TriMet "MAX" It is located here in Portland, OR. This is very early work in progress (WIP). (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Oh Yeah, Steve! The color combo looks sweet! And those 2x3 train windows simulate folding doors *very* nicely. Looks very prototypical so far, too (which I like). Now, can you make it 8 wide....;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Cool beginnings... When you can solve the articulation problems you will have enabled a number of other designs to be created. Build on! I'm assuming (it's hard to tell from the proto pic) that this is a three truck design? One each at the ends and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Commuter train (WIP)

Thanks for the encouragement. The idea is to have 3 trucks (Larry was right) with the power truck in the middle. Since the center is short the power truck will be fixed (not swivel) which makes it easier to hide. As for the end trucks I will try (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Update1 : Commuter train (WIP)

Well, I stayed up late and scrounged enough white windows to complete bothe ends and vestibule! There is now some head lights and roof detail. I'll take some pics once the wheels are in place. I'm sure that will take some work. SteveB Steven Barile (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)