 Trains / 21348 (-20)
  Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

(...) BORING! This constant winning of first place by LEGO train clubs is really starting to get tiresome. :-) Seriously, congratulations and we're all keen to see the pictures so get looking! Any new modules this show or is it basically the same (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

I pleased to announce the GMLTC took the first place blue ribbon at this weekend's GATS show in St. Paul, Minnesota. We had a great location right inside the main entrance, and we had people around the layout the whole weekend. Pictures to come (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

Check out our latest CCC compatible MOC from our (URL) homepage> just in time for Halloween! (2 URLs) What does this MOC have anything to do with Trains? I've got several of the (URL) 10015 Passenger Wagon> on sale and figured out a way to use the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  MOC: Railbus

The railbus can be seen here: (URL) have been working on this lately, but decided to build a 2-car commuter trains instead. The railbus looks good, but I believe that a longer train will look better. My idea was to use this in a town laylot as a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Luggage car for 131 passenger car

(...) Well, let me be kind, they may use the luggage car for their luggage, too ;-) Niels (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MonLUG's 5th Train Show, November 8th and 9th

A french message follows. Un message en français suit. Hello, I'm happy to announce MonLUG's fifth participation in a train show at the « Expo Train Modélisme » in the Montreal Area. It will be held at Georges Vanier High School in Laval (just north (...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Random thoughts on Mag-Levs..

(...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Random thoughts on Mag-Levs..

I've been working on a few ideas with magnets and trains, but nothing substantial. Which leads me to a question. How many of you have attempted making a train that hovers? I posted one of my random ideas on my website ((URL) look in "The Other" (...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Luggage car for 131 passenger car

(...) But Niels, what if the passengers don't have matching luggage? ;-) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft. Myers...

The layout looks great, I was in the area visiting my folks last weekend, and would've stopped by to give a hand had I known... -HRH (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains at Retailers?

Fry's Electronics in San Diego has a number of the Train Sets (cargo crane, etc.) TRU is carrying the Santa Fe engine, but so far nothing else. -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains at Retailers ==> Post Holiday Clearance Sales

'Nuff said Lester (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks for these pictures! I've added them to my collection and if I win any money in Las Vegas (leaving on Saturday) I'll buy the ISD and make some. And thanks to Jason for creating them. Hugs to all, Shirley. (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains at Retailers?

My question is a result of reading Brad J's comments about retailers driving the train selection. This statement leads me to believe that there will be several retailers selling trains. I just don't see evidence of this in local stores. Rosemary (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Luggage car for 131 passenger car

To let the passengers traveling in my 131 passenger car take their luggage with them, I build a matching luggage car: (URL) Well, the actual idea to create such a luggage car was because I thought that only one passenger car seemed a bit to short (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NMRA L gauge (was IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS)

For what it's worth, Centerline Products currently makes an L-gauge brass track cleaning car. (As far as I know, they are the first non-LEGO compnay to make an L-gauge product. So, at least one long-time train product maker has invested time to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures

I've missed helping with a few shows with BayLTC this year, due to work, and my summer vacation. (As I type, I'm at work, in Tel Aviv, after a 13-hour day...) I'm amazed at the images from Florida, Ottawa, and IndyLUG shows. You do yourselves (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft. Myers...

Wow! Some very cool ideas, as well as a generally nice layout! Where did the BNSF locos come from? (One of the 'regular' train model set makers, ala GoB folks like Lar, or your own building?) -Z- (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains at Retailers?

(...) We Europeans are luckier this time! Additionally to the new train sets 45xx we have the Santa Fe engine and waggons now in some of the retail shops. The My Own Train loco and waggons have been available sice the last years christmas time as (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at GATS Ft. Myers...

(...) That is simply astounding for a single person to have set that up. My club (IndyLUG) showed at the Indianapolis GATS that same weekend, but we had 10 or so people setting the layout up. I assume you won 1st place? David "Fuzzy" Gregory (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact