 Trains / 21284
Re: Space layouts with TrackDesigner.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:18:11 GMT

I have downloaded your Registry.
I see you have new parts 552 Curved road (for spacce plate with craters)
& 553 Straight road (space plate with circle).

I have used Track Designer and added my own parts - such as train stations,
goods sheds etc.

My advice is to copy a similar element then edit it.
I also check it at different angles.

Polarity is only used for track.

I will send you separately the the Registry with the parts added.

Regards,
David

In lugnet.trains, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi folks,

this is my first posting in "trains" and my question isn't about trains at all, but I suppose it's the only place to get a proper
answer about the trackdesigner-prog. a couple of weeks ago I downloaded trackdesigner, being curious if the prog could be used for
the layout of my moonbase. I played a little bit with its registry and finally decided to substitute the "old road"-thumbnails with
space baseplates instead of adding new entries. doing it this way I can use the baseplate-toolbar, saving a lot of clicks and
"Ctrl+I" key-strokes. it works pretty well and I'd like to share the modified registry with the lugnet.space-crowd.

being a newbie I'd like to have some feedback from the TD-nerds. I'm troubled with the "Geometries" and all that "port" stuff.
the "t-section" and "crossroad" works fine, but the curves are a mess. the main problem are the missing connection points. I'd like
to attach the next plate on all four sides not just the "road-sides".  I did some copy'n'paste to work around the problem, but I'm
not sure if the solution I found is the ideal way. could you please have a look at my registry:
www.holly-wood.it/files/td20_registry.zip ? any suggestion is welcomed. feel free to modify the file and sent it back to me.

many thx in advanced, w.