 Trains / 212
Re: looking for review of 4555
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:57:38 GMT

Eben Hill wrote:

Larry P. wrote:
One comment, it's better to cross post instead of posting two requests.
We now have two threads running in to different groups. No biggie, but
it helps keep things straight if you actually cross post.

I was affraid of this happening.  Is that what the follow up box is for?

No.

Follow up sets where you want replies to go to. For example, suppose you
post to lugnet.announce... you ALWAYS need to set the followup to some
other group, as announce is for announcements only, not discussion. If
it was an RCX related announcment, you might set followups to
lugnet.robotics, and so on.

Cross posting is the ability to post the same exact message to several
groups, and no matter where it is seen, replies are against the same
message. Unless the followup is set differently, by default, the reply
is posted to all the groups the original was. However, what is spiffy is
that for folks using newsreaders, they will see the post, and its
replies as NEW only once.

To cross post from the web interface, just put a comma after the first
group in the newsgroups box and type in the full name (no quotes) of the
next group (and another comma, group... if you want three, and so forth)

To crosspost from the netscape newsreader, just type in the group name
in the second "group" box in the post area.

Consult your newsreader docs for info on other products.

Anyway, I decided to order the set, 4555, along with 4552 and a few extra train
parts to make some of my own cars.  It's not as easy as I thought to build
train cars and locos.

Practice, Practice. ...

When I look at some of my early designs I am shocked at how primitive
they are. For example, my first spine car vs. the spine car that I did
recently are like night and day. I have pictures that will be posted
soon.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.