 Trains / 21065
  lugnet.trains.dcc?

Hi All, Just a thought: I know Lugnet likes to keep things nice and tidy... perhaps it is time for a DCC .trains subgroup? I'm wondering if eyeballs glaze over when DCC programming is discussed or some cringe at the wanton mutilation of pristine (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) I think it's a great idea. I like reading .trains for the neat models, but I don't have an iota of interest in DCC programing. (I don't mind the mutilation that much.) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) It may make sense from a compartmentalization standpoint but has the volume been that great? I admit of bias since it's a topic of interest, but I'm not thinking it's high enough that we NEED to do this. As for mutilation of parts... ??? There (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

<snip> (...) required (...) </snip> I must be rubbing off on you Lar. Before now, ANY mutilation of parts was considered sacrilegious blasphemy by you! :P Rob "Have Lego, Will Dremel" Hendrix (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

well if it goes, on the same note, lugnet.trains.moc? Sort out the trains group so you can follow one subject matter? I like the thought of DCC, I'm gonna start fooling around with it after I do a test Run, & maybe a learners run on an HO model... (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Oh, it still is. But allowances must be made, after all... a DCCized motor is a good thing that outweighs any impurity. Or does it? Gee... maybe you HAVE rubbed off on me. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) I guess I really really don't see the need for a moc group... what would be left after you take the mocs away? I don't think any other theme has separated out mocs, has it? After all isn't just about everything we do a moc? Help me understand (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Well, yes, there are the motors: (2 URLs) But, why then stop there? Slice that wire: (URL) Drill those plates: (2 URLs) Saw some track: (URL) Solder a switch: (URL) Drill'em, burn'em: (URL) Mwaaahahahaha... Whoa... Ahem... It's a slippery (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

Mark Riley wrote: > perhaps it > is time for a DCC .trains subgroup? I'm wondering if eyeballs glaze over when > DCC programming is discussed or some cringe at the wanton mutilation of pristine > Lego parts? I worry about the glazing effect, too. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lugnet.trains.dcc?

(...) Great idea! I allways do a dcc search when reading lugnet.trains anyway. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)