 Trains / 20943 (-10)
  Re: MOCs,

Oh oh, waiting to see the fire trucks! Josh (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs,

"Aaron Coghill" <coghilla@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:HK5H6y.oEM@lugnet.com... (...) just a (...) of my (...) moderated so (...) Thanks for posting your work. The train crane is my favorite so far. Your work is very pleasing. Looking (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Getting Started With Lego Trains - Jake's Book

Searching through Amazon last night, I stumbled across something very insteresting... Enter "Lego Trains" into the Amazon search tool and you get a hit on Jake McKee's new book! Getting Started with Lego Trains by Jacob H. McKee paperback, 128 pages (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.books) !

  MOCs,

Hi all, I've been very quiet for the last year or so. I've been around just a bit quiet. I have building stuff and over the last week been taking pics of my creations, and am currently posting them to brickshelf. Posted and moderated so far are: (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) a (...) Indeed, you should see the way my 5 year old liked to tug the wires off the motors and battery boxes - good thing they use heavy cable and a strain relief! He knows better now. :-) Mark (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

<SNIP> (...) Hi Chris and all others, If you open a Lego train motor, you'll find there 3 electrical components in it. First, and largest part, is the motor itself, second is a 'black cilindrical' piece witch is placed in parallel with the motor (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Hmmmm not sure, never tried this. Possibly remove the existing wires, and try to fit 4 thinner wires out where the 2 currently exit. The standard wire is probably heavier than necessary, another case of LEGO over-engineering (in a good way!). (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) During the DCC conversion described by Tom Cook, there is some kind of semiconductor that gets removed from the train motor. I wonder if this component is somehow responsible for preventing excessive current in the motor windings? Judging from (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Worn out Train wheels?

(...) Hello, To all train builders ! Ok, So we have had a fare bit of a talk about 9v train wheels, and their problems. But I have a few 12v wheels and 7750 wheels that I like to run on 9v track.Do any of you know how to make 12v wheels go better ? (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Worn out Train wheels?

The last time my trains were run (at BrickFest) I experienced no end of troubles with wheelsets that had all been used before with no apparent problems. Yes, some of them are the newer super-friction specials but at the time they were installed on (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact