 Trains / 20308 (-10)
  Train buffers

Does anyone have both the single train buffer from the seventies and the double train buffers (4022) ? Are the shapes of the round buffer identical ? Why am I asking this? I have just received a couple of single train buffers and I want to create (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  DCC reversing loops

I am sure I saw someone writing about reversing loops but now I can't find it! Anyway, this is what I did this evening in about 10 minutes. I cut both rails of a straight track section being careful to get the cuts aligned then did another cut (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from VLC Surrey Museum Show

(...) Now that is really impressive. The pictures look great, but I would love to be able to set up an RCX controlled layout with reversing loops, etc. Now, if I could just afford those RCX's... :-( BTW, my compliments on the layout. Wonderful job. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  MOC: European old timer trucks from the fifties

Hi all, after a visit (URL) of this cool site with hundreds of European oldtimer trucks> and building machinery, I got inspired to do my own Lego® truck in a similar style. (URL) Such kind of trucks have been used for any transport purposes over (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  a few more 'Challenger' pictures

I uploaded four more pictures to my Challenger folder, but these are pictures of the real thing. The Challenger visited the Twin Cities last Summer, and I had to see it in person. As you can tell in the pictures, it was *pouring* rain that day, but (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

(...) Bad form I kow replying to my own message, and an old one at that but I thought I better correct myself if anyone was searching the archives Its actually a Graham Farish (now owned by Bachmann) N scale model, the coupling were the give-away (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) All that stainless steel (trains) aluminium (houses) and chrome (automobiles) must have made the the US citizens of the 50's "shiny happy people"!!! ... and these chrome bricks do it for me now! Lets have some more ..... (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) I heard it was due to cheap electricity in the NW part of the US. Bauxite smelting can make good use of cheap electricity. (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Brilliant! (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

Thanks for the link. As for why aluminum became so cheap, not sure. Maybe there was a lot of scrap metal from WWII being recycled? -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact