 Trains / 19325
Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:53:55 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes:
With the latest round of 2003 postings, I noticed that two of my favorite
town/train sets have new, significantly more obnoxious, colors as compared
to older shots.

Train station:
Old:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4513
New:
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Grand_Central_Station

Passenger Train:
(old on the box top, new as actual model in front)
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-misc-lego&id=Trains

I wonder if they are trying to make the colors appeal more to children or
something?  I really preferred the sleaker appearance of the older color
schemes.  At least the parts I'm most interested in (namely the windows) are
the same as before.

It is a very interesting topic.

My guess is that the box art is just preliminary work of a concept artist,
(in pre-production) where as the models at the fair are what the company
decided to go with.

I hope not...

I too like the old models (in the box art) over the models at the Toy Fair.
I highly doubt that LEGO will come out with both a green one and a red one,
but with them going EXCLUSIVE at certain retail chains, ANYTHING is possible.

Ben