 Trains / 19118 (-20)
  My bridge

Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made. Here are some photos of what I finally came up with: (URL) uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have. It sags a little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  New Creations: Remote Switch, Remote Decoupler, End of Line Bumper

The journey down the long and winding road of trains.... Earlier this month I had the opportunity to participate in the GATS show in Syracuse, NY with LUCNY. This event really kicked my entrance into the Train aspect of LEGO into high gear. I had (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

Brian, Here's my znap bridge I did. It's pretty sturdy, albeit somewhat heavy as well due to the amount of plates I used on the base.. It's a double 6-wide train bridge. The trick that I did was using the 2x2 brick and half stud pieces combined with (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

(...) Great. Thanks. I will probably bring one of each track component for the session just because I want to have as much stuff as possible all in one place. Frank (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Shaun, I would be glad to see even the small (without the LSynth parts) LDRAW file. This is really a beautiful model, and I think I'd learn a lot peeking into the LDRAW. TIA ----- Cheers Carlo Lugnet #24 (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:H96p3M.I6q@lugnet.com... (...) run (...) Here are a couple of pictures of the ZNAP bridges Cary built along with one I built. (URL) built the two bridges that cary the trains across the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

Frank, I can bring the My Own Train and the Santa Fe engine and cars. I can also bring 9v track. - Wayne "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3E2CBD35.12B69B...ing.com... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Any Ideas?

I know that this isn't the best place to ask but, since its train related I figure it the best place. Anyone know where I could get my hands on (or know someone) that has damaged Cheap 9v train points? I know I can buy them but, I'd rather have some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well, Brian, I can say one of my 60 inch long ZNAP bridge twisted and collapse at a train show, with the GFLTC (no pics). Two trains fell 30+ inches to the ground out side in the dirt! The best bet for a ZNAP bridge is to support the track on (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) Well there's Wayne Hussey's bridge which was built out of znap (URL) it's a bit longer than you need, but I imagine it would've been impossible to use if it had a twisting problem. Maybe you could adapt his deck construction technique? Also I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

Here is one photo of my lift bridge that has a 32" span (approximately): (URL) holds up very well, and i assume that you could make it even longer if you needed to. -Rob www.cei.net/~rhendrix/lego.html www.msltc.org "Brian Kendig" (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Building a three-foot bridge

(...) ... Brian: I've built some ZNAP and Technic bridges of similar lengths but haven't run into the twisting problem. Any chance you can post a picture of what you have? That would help a lot. Cary (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Building a three-foot bridge

I want to build a bridge to cross a one-meter gap between two train platforms. The bridge must hold two straight lengths of track, spaced with one trackwidth between them (the distance there would be if you snapped two cross-intersection track (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: IndyLUG pictures at Indy January GATS

(...) Nice pics! Looks like a great layout! Awesome job on the detail. I especially like the campsite and the graveyard (the morbid part of my nature) The MOC Santa Fe engine looks great as well! Good job! Dave K (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  IndyLUG pictures at Indy January GATS

For everyones enjoyment here are the pictures I took for the show. Also we won 2nd place in the competition. And had tons of good comments by the model railroaders. And it was awsome to see the kids reaction to the LEGO. We were in two papers and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

This rendering is amazing and now is my desktop background image. The folks at the office are always amazed when they see it and I tell them of its origin. -- Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission Information: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: train4 pics posted...and lugnet page also...

(...) I believe that's a Jeff E Original :) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: train4 pics posted...and lugnet page also...

(...) Iain (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  train4 pics posted...and lugnet page also...

Link to the Brickshelf Folder: (URL) to my Lugnet LEGO Page about this event: (URL) hope you enjoy these pics, and that they provide a complimentary view on what others (Dave, Pics; Calum, Video) have already posted or will post later on. Thanks, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Roger that. I didn't mention it but it (and the James Mathis poster) are up on the .trains front page now. (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact