 Trains / 19094
Re: rtlToronto show pics (was Re: Oops, fergot to post to .trains--rookie mistake :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:54:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys writes:

I have pics of the day up on my website--

http://sparky.i989.net/rtl0301.htm

Nice stuff.

So what's the story behind all the containers in the bay? Something about
the container crane going crazy, or was that some sort of "hey mister"
activity or ??

Well, it wasn't Chris, but there was an RCX in the vicinity... so the
expression may have rubbed off on Jeff VW ;)

As the day progressed, Jeff VW got the crane working pretty well--it was a
joy to watch.  Then a kid got his hands on the remote, and then there were
chain links and containers everywhere (again!).

BTW, for all you train folks running you layouts, I'm sure you already know
this, do not, under *any* circumstance, let some kid off the street near the
throttle controls--"Wow, look how fast that train came off the rails!"  Talk
to Trevyn, his camera car got the brunt of it.

Grr!!

Good times other than that

Dave K