 Trains / 18681
18680  |  18682
Subject:
Model Railroad Display LEGO - Toy & Hobby Expo 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:42:55 GMT

I was surprise to read and see a LEGO Train Club mention while I was
surfing.  I didn't see this mention on LUGNET.

From the PRNewswire.

A Fantastic Model Railroad Display Chugs Into NOVI, MI.  S.E. Michigan For
the 'Toy & Hobby Expo 2002,' Dec. 27-29, 2002.

PRNewswire -- December 27, 28, 29, a fantastic display of model railroading
will be coming to the Novi Expo Center for the Toy & Hobby Expo 2002
featuring (3) Collector shows in (1) location.

Held at the Novi Expo Center at I-96 & Novi Rd. (Exit 162), young and old
alike will have the opportunity to experience scale model trains in action
and the excitement that builds as they race along hundreds of feet of "HO"
gauge rail on Rails On Wheels modular model railroad display.

Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa will recall wonderful childhood memories of
classic toy trains that many of us had in our youth as they watch the trains
travel in and out of tunnels and cross over bridges as they pass through the
countryside.  Watch the children's excitement as the passenger train arrives
on time at the city's train station and freight trains deliver their goods
to industrial sites throughout the miniature empire.  For those wishing to
build their own railroad empire, the display owners will be on hand to
explain building techniques used in the construction of the modular train
display.

For the kids who love their LEGO, the Michigan LEGO Train Club will be
displaying their 20' x 20' operating train display that is built from
thousands of the popular building blocks.

In addition to the operating train displays, the expo will feature toy and
hobby items from the '50s to today's hottest collectibles.  Vendors and
collectors will be selling new, used, antique and collectible Model railroad
and toy trains, / Collectible toys, die-cast and model kits, sports and
racing collectibles, / Dolls, including Barbie, bears, Beanies and
miniatures.  (3) collector shows all under one roof.

Wrestling fans, meet WWE Wrestling Superstar and actor "Virgil."  Have your
picture taken with Virgil and have it personally autographed just for you.

Hours for the show are Friday, Dec. 27, from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday, Dec.
28, from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 29, from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Admission for Adults is $6.00, Children 4 - 12 Yrs. $3.00, Parking $5.00.
For more information call R.R. Promotions Inc. (734) 455-2110.  For recorded
travel directions to the Novi Expo Center call (248) 348-5600, at any time.

-end of report-