 Trains / 18636
Re: GMLTC Caboose/Locomotive Rides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Kelly III writes:
I will update the website later tonight, these are the first pass.

http://www.gmltc.org/gmltc_12-08-02/index.htm

Here are a few more shots I took with the GMLTC banner in and outside of the
caboose (smaller in size):

Container cars out, had to modify John2's design so that they would run over
the power leads on the track.  (Decided the main difference between a
prototyper like John2 and a purist like me is that I like everything to
actually work, not just look nice.  *grin* )

Ah, my subtle ribbing sense is tingling!  It's true that the containers needed
to be modified to run on the GMLTC layout.  Not only did we have to raise the
trucks a plate, but we had to move the cars off of the articulate trucks by 1
stud each.  It made them look funny in my eyes, but I doubt anyone else really
noticed.  I can't wait to photograph them in all of their *prototypical*
glory:-)

-John (AKA John2, J-2)