 Trains / 18596
Re: New MOC: Fully articulated light rail vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:30:05 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, William R. Ward writes:
Bill,

Very nice.  I like transit vehicles.

How does it do going up and down where the track is not level?

Bob

[snip]

The articulation is done by having wall and ceiling sections that
bridge the different parts of the body. The wall sections are held in
place with rubber bands on both ends. The ceiling section is held with
a swivel hinge at one end and a rubber band at the other. The body
parts are connected together using ball and socket hitches.

It navigates just fine around the sharpest LEGO turns but it does slow
down a bit on a tight curve due to friction. It has no problem with
switches, since it uses standard LEGO wheels.

Pictures are hosted on Brickshelf and can be viewed via my web page
(with more commentary), or as a Brickshelf folder (once moderated):

http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/trains/light-rail/

PLMKWYT.  XFUT: lugnet.trains

--Bill.