 Trains / 18543
  opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Hi, I've got a couple of transformers that apparently dont work anymore but may very well be easily repairable. However I cant seem to find a way to open them up without damaging the housing beyond repair. Does anyone have a clue how to get to the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

Hi Esgar, Getting close to 10 years ago the 12V transformer I had was starting to lose its power a bit, so I ended up buying a new transformer. A few years after that, I was given the opportunity to open the original transformer in an attempt to see (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Please let us know the result Esger Abbink <e.abbink-no-spam-pl...chello.nl> wrote in message news:H6977q.6qA@lugnet.com... (...) may (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: opening / repairing 12v grey transformer 7864

(...) Well, I just drilled out the six plugs. (I already thought they would have something to do with keeping it closed but I though they maybe could be pushed in or something) From the remains of the plugs it is clear you have to destroy them. They (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)