 Trains / 18366
Re: New MOC: 4-4-4 Steam Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:19:12 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Shaun Sullivan writes:
The pistons do indeed work on the straightaways, and they are actually my
smoothest-running piston design to date.  On the curves, the drive wheels
(which are affixed to the chassis) shift off the rails slightly, so there is
not enough contact to run them.  This is probably for the best, though, as
opposing drive wheels share an axle, and the different radii would cause
binding anyway.

I can't wait to see how those pistons work.  Lookin' forward to those
instructions!

Great steamer!  I've three suggestions though;  a) the tender (IMO) would
look better if it were slightly elongated and if the slopeback were given a
bit more texture.  It doesn't fit in with the rest of the loco.  b) (again,
IMO) the tender needs a backup light.  c) IMO, the tender would look more
realistic with two 2-axle trucks.  If you based this feature on a certain
tender design though, I'd love to see it (curiosity, not sarcasm).

Cool steamers!

-Stefan-