 Trains / 18359
    Re: Switching yards that actually work —William R. Ward
   (...) Darn it! Well, it works great in track designer :-) I wish track designer had a way of pointing out that kind of issue. It's a bug!! But the good news is that 2 switches can be replaced by two straights and a switch, you can replace two of the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Switching yards that actually work —David Koudys
   (...) Have a boo at my take on Bill's switching yard: (URL) did a TD from his instructions, as others here have, and then I modified it a bit so that the switches for the points are not overlapping the ties of adjacent tracks. Both layouts are shown (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Switching yards that actually work —Klaas H. Meijaard
     Now THIS is a very good switching yard (the 'to download' one). Great 'extra' advantage: there are pairs of L en R switches, the way we often have to buy these things! I'm definitely going to build it these days. Keep designing guys! I love this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Switching yards that actually work —William R. Ward
   (...) I'm glad to have been of service :-) Yes, you rendered it about right according to the instructions I gave. One of these days I'll get around to posting some of my TD doodles on Brickshelf. Maybe even today. --Bill. (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)