 Trains / 18288 (-10)
  A couple of new MOCs & site update

I've added a new caboose, inspired by Christopher Masi's work, and something I'm calling a low bed until I get corrected. Any input is appreciated. (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

"...is this model freelance or of a particular prototype?" -Lar I'm not sure... I found this pic on a web site, I think it's an HO model. Real life version (HO anyway): (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Thanks for the great follow up, Paul. (...) I wanted to comment on this one in particular because it's particularly devious! It REALLY stretches what's possible and shows a good understanding of the compact crossover geometry relationships. Nice (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Brian, (...) Couldn't agree more!!! (...) What Larry has done here works because of the fundamental idea described for the compact cross-over at the bottom of this page: (URL) you have two opposite curves joined together you can replace them with a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) See the resources in the header of the newsgroup, in particular the .tdl layouts available at the train depot. Doodle your design in Track Designer to see if it works first and you'll reduce your frustration. Now to your particular question, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

(...) It's pretty much impossible actually. I'd like to be able to just side-step a track in by one straight's length (16 studs) for a layout, but the only way to do it with correct geometry is to branch it in with a point and leave the straight-on (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

Are there any web pages which have a study of how to line up Lego train layouts with diagonal track? That is, I want a little more freedom in my layout than forcing it to always use ninety-degree curves and parallel/perpendicular tracks, but I've (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dream rails

(...) Interesting idea, but wouldn't that require them to have all the ABS particle-thingys? Though with only 1 color, it might still be workable. Atlas has already made two other scales of track and has been around for over 50 years (I think), so (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Reminder: MonLUG and ParLUGment's joint Train Show this weekend

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Lime/Green railcar set

(...) I'm not sure of modern US nomenclature. In the old days internal combustion self propelled cars were called railcars. Budd brought out a particular implementation that they called the RDC or Rail Diesel Car which I've seen used as an (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact