 Trains / 18166
    Re: This is odd... —John Neal
   (...) Okay, then your problem is drag. Weight isn't so much a problem if there isn't a lot of friction. I just looked at your engine again and I can see your problem, because it is one that my son Ross experienced when he built his Pacific: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: This is odd... —Stefan Garcia
   (...) The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper. My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same. I did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced strain on the 9V motor, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: This is odd... —Peter Guenther
    (...) The problem isn't drag then, it's draw on the current. You're running a separate motor to drive those wheels, and I know from you in person today it's running on the output studs from the train motor. That's taking power away from the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: This is odd... —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well I've run my n-class (URL) with two motorised bogies, motor driving engine, and 2 lights off a single controller with no problems. Two of them at once and it shuts down after about 15 mins. ROSCO (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: This is odd... —Stefan Garcia
   (...) Hmm... I see what you mean about drawing current off the motor, Peter. I ought to double motor the thing, but that would mean losing the 3-axle trucks, which I want to avoid. Ross, does your stuff run off one or both motors? I'm putting the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)