 Trains / 18153
    Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Steve Barile
   Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Steve Barile
     Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) what you have done here seems to be exactely what the German guy did (the links I gave at the first message of this thread). Only his description where to cut has been so fuzzy, that even I as a German did not fully understand him.... But your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Pete Schildknecht
     Hi There, This is exactly what I have done to all the wheel sets on my Santa Fe train (2 engines, 5 cars), and it works great now. I have also had a problem with the underside of the 10022 cars catching on the track when they crest a hill in a turn. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Ludo Soete
   (...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)