 Trains / 18078
    ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Wayne Sardullo
   In all my travels I have never really seen the the best solution for a LARGE scale Turntable for a round house. I found that Alcohol actually improves building design... I'm not going to go into some big thesis about how the solution came about but (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Jason Walton
   In lugnet.trains, Wayne Sardullo writes: {{edited}} (...) Wayne all I can say is yes :) You've solved the problem I was having which was getting power to the two rails above. How do you stop the train on the top of the turntable from moving when you (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Wayne Sardullo
   <Snippage> (...) Actually, I didn't get that far and found myself wondering the best way to do it. I have two ideas that I am working on just trying to figure out which one is better. My main design overall was to figure out HOWTO overcome the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Jason Walton
   Wayne, The only way I can think of solving the problem would be to have the turntable wheels running on 12v. This way you would have two controllers one for the turntable and one for the two rails above. Jason (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Wayne Sardullo
    (...) Sorry for the delay.. Jason you are right however, the solution is even easier then that by adding a 12v conducting rail the the center of the 9 volt track. I didn't post lastnight about this because I do not have any 12v conducting rails or (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice —Frank Filz
   (...) You will also have to modify the 12v conductor rails to be able to attach them to 9v track. They have protrusions on the underside which interfere with the studs on the 9v ties (remember, 9v track has half the tie spacing that grey era 12v (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)