 Trains / 18043 (-10)
  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

For a long time, I resisted buying any of the Super Chief sets. The models DO look a little top-heavy, and LEGO® has slipped on their quality control like never before seen in their history. People say that LEGO® is too expensive, and that they (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) That's shocking! They're obviously meant as running models because grey motor side-bars are included in the set! Why would there be alternate parts and instructions for motorising and adding rail-powered lights to a display-only set? They may (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Dear Jake, a German Co-AFOL has had trouble with the Santa Fe train as well. He called the consumer service for replacement wheel sets and got informed the Super Chief was not meant as a train set, but as a display set for the shelf only. So (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I have two Santa Fe engines and a B Unit I built to go with them. I have two moters one on each of the A units. I too had a hard time with the SF engines pulling more then 10 cars. It always seemed to bog down in the turns. Recently I had all my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I agree with that! And I bought all of the newer cars (10013/14/15/16/17) and buy just making a very simple train with them + 1 loc, it has a very hard time on curves and not fast on a straight track. I never had that problem with all the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Truro Train Show

Hi, I'm pleased to annonce our FIRST participation at a Train Show. It is in Truro, NS this comming saturday. We will launch a new LUG called --- Novalug --- (for Nova Scotia LUG). We'll have a modest layout only 90x60 inches, but that's a start! We (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

Hello, Maby I have an explenation. I was in Legoland Billund today. They had a factory sale with some discontinued sets. There vere a lot of Duplo trains. Both tracks and whole trainsets. Couldn't it be these trains lego was going to "ditch"? Just a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) Hey, ive never liked trains for some reason, i think a big train set fell on me in Kmart when i was a toddler (or something like that...) but i love the tractor... Keep up the good work, even if it is trains.. Robert (rapidly alienating (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Thomas Burger's Flat car

(...) It looks like there is a 'tile grove' just above the ladders. Aren't the ladders modified pieces? they look a little short. -chris (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thomas Burger's Flat car

(...) Yes indeedy! 5 wide trailers rock and the trailer's really sweet looking. I can't tell from the rendering but I think if I were trying to build a copy, I'd try to make the end railings and coupler area rotate with the bogies rather than be (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact