 Trains / 17282
17281  |  17283
Subject:
Caboose in service!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:53:53 GMT

Hey all,

  I saw a caboose in service the other day. A GP-something or other
(sorry I am such a bad/lazy rail spotter) was pulling a caboose and
three box cars. The caboose was tucked in between the engine and the box
cars.

GP-{caboose}-{box car}-{box car}-{bax car}

  So, cabooses are still fair gamefor modern trains, we are just
supposed to put the directly behind the engines. Actually, I remember
hearing this on that railroading show on the History Channel;
none-the-less, it is fun to see one in action anyway.
  The GP was the "City of Westfield" operated by the PVRR (Pioneer
Valley Railroad) You can see the GP that I saw on PVRR's web site
<http://www.pvrr.com/>, but there aren't any pictures of the caboose.

Chris