 Trains / 17209
  Re: Just couldn't resist posting this one...

(...) There was a similar accident many years ago involving a truck full of fuel and a train colliding. Unfortunately it was during rush hour on a busy boulevard. There were many fatalities. The engineer survived. The train was going fast enough to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just couldn't resist posting this one...

I believe that involved an Amtrak train here in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Of course there was nothing left of the driver, and yes one of the victims still had their hands wrapped around the steering wheel when he fried to a crisp. -Harvey (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just couldn't resist posting this one...

(...) It blows my mind. People have driven around me at crossings where the gates were down! Chris (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)