 Trains / 17200
Re: Santa Fe Car Order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kecia Hansen writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dan Voelkerding writes:
I was reading about the Santa Fe in some old magazines and they had a car order
from a excursion in 1991. It was pulled by a Northern(S.F. 3751)* and 2 backup
Dash 8-40CW Diesels(844 and 840).
3463 Baggage(Tool) Car*
77   Baggage Car
67   Sleeper "Regal Manor"
61   Diner "Fred Harvey"
64   Sleeper "Regal Hunt"
65   Sleeper "Regal Lane"
62   Lounge
60   Dome Lounge
68   Sleeper "Regal Spa"
63   Sleeper "Regal Crest"
66   Sleeper "Regal Lark"
89   Theater Observation Car "William Bartsow Strong"

*-Not owned by the Santa Fe Railroad, Owned by the San Bernardino Historical
Society.

With our stickers we can do:
606, 503, 1340, 66, 2417, 1928 (info gained from:
http://www.kecia.dk/legoset/10025.htm)

The solution, I think Lego should have an accesory pack and Make a sticker of a
custom name and the pieces to extend the number plate.(The William Bartsow
Strong did take more space then 2 numbers)

I have a car question also:
On the Baggage Car, where the name plate is(I wish they would sell those
stickers also, maybe I'll just visit a hobby shop) there is a lot of 1x2x2
bricks, are they bricks or panels?
Around about(rough estimate) how many pieces do you end up with after building
a model?
Dan

Hi Dan

The light grey 1 x 2 x 2's below the Santa Fe text are bricks.

Building the bagage car will leave you with the 47 element all together. If
you are building the mail car, you will have 12.

Kecia

Oops

Mail car is 16 elements, if you count door and window as 2 different pieces.
12 if you count them as 1.

Kecia