 Trains / 17190
17189  |  17191
Subject:
Engine shed update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:25:52 GMT

After acquiring a number of black slopes, windows and red bricks I
started working on a second section and further completed the roof on
part 1. As can be seen here,
http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/locloods/tn/loods24.jpg.html
the shed is modulair (some day I might even do a middle section) I used
some Technic pegs as joints, to give the structure more stability

I also added a crane, which can go through most of the building so the
mechanics in the shed can swap bogies, see
http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/locloods/tn/crane1.jpg.html
The crane is very stable and works flawless. Unfortunately due to space
restrictions I wasn't able to motorize it in a reliable way.

To give the building some more "depth" I added some detailling,
http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/locloods/tn/loods-decoration1.jpg.html

Those of you familiair with the depot in Zwolle, Netherlands will know
what it means and where I got my inspiration from :D Or see
http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/locloods/tn/loods-decoration0.jpg.html

Would love to get some feedback!
(Sorry to those of you with modems, all images 1600*1200 JPEG)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree