 Trains / 17158 (-5)
  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) I have a few pictures in books which I used as examples. I found a picture of an articulated waterspout online here: (URL)For your next trick, please build a functional track pan! (3) (...) I didn't know this way of taking water existed! I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) In Holland, there was usually about 1/2 meter of leather "pipe" attached to the swivel head to allow for a bit more "play" in positioning the watersprout. Putting the engine in reverse was not allowed for passenger trains here, what was done (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Waterspout for steamtrains

(...) Decidedly european, but nifty (double articulation/swivel points on the spout are not common IS practice IIRC (1), it was usually just a swivel(2) (if a standpipe) or a boom dropping down from the side of the water tank ) For your next trick, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

(...) Conincidently, a new Modern Marvels episode on the History Channel (US) tonight (10:00 PM eastern) Tuesday 6-Aug-02: "Towing" Tugboats; roller-coasters; *funicular railroads*; flat-bed truck; 747. -Rob. (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) the (...) I remember about all of it, and whenever I go to a childrens store I play with the Brio a little bit. I also had 3-way switches, that was a while ago though. But when I was real young, I had awesome layouts in the same part of my (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact