 Trains / 17133 (-10)
  Re: Now what?

Thanks Rob, I bought it just for hauling LEGO, my wife was tired of me taking her van every month for train shows. jt (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC version 3 (and then there were two)

(...) Glad you like them Chris, I have the third one in production now. I agree that he mix wheel count is a pain, but until LEGO makes a 6 wheel engine I'm a bit hosed. Yes GP40T-2 where made, but these really aren't "T" even though that's what (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rio Grande SD40 MOC version 3 (and then there were two)

(...) I'm a bit slow, but I wanted to chime in and say that those engines look great. I have always loved seeing big diesels paired up like that. The windows are excellent (are they that good looking in person?) I think the mixed wheel count (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Hi Larry, Thanks a lot for your precisions about the different terminologies. I sure appreciate the links and I finally realized the difference between a funicular and a cog railway. When I lived in switzerland, we called all those train just (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Thats a nice truck JT. I especially like the personalized plate! -Rob "James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H0BnwF.n0C@lugnet.com... (...) change (...) two (...) we (...) funny (...) supports (...) these (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

I dropped the Lego Direct group. LOL Man, I tried. Actually I had such a mess of things when I quit as a Model Builder they just let me take home 2 K8s of bricks rather than have to sort through them. -john (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Funiculaire (Mountain train) Funicular?

Might want to give this site a try: (URL) Egli "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H0C7KK.5tC@lugnet.com... (...) drive/motive (...) the (...) fast (...) you'll (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Like I posted before in various threads I agree we are not the target market. Maybe if you have the finances to buy tons of sets just to get a few parts you need you can build whatever you like, most of us probably can't. And even then, some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Glad to be of service! (...) Good idea, although it'll be a digicam clip so not a very good framerate. Sadly the valve pistons are more for looks than authenticity - I couldn't find a way to get them to reciprocate in the opposite direction to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Large scale 2-truck Shay

(...) Thanks! (...) Cool. I looked at your Shay (Cass #5?) while I was hunting around for both prototype info and prior art. (...) Are there any good WWW resources with more than just a few grainy "piston side" photos of real Shays? I found some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact