 Trains / 16938 (-10)
  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

Larry - first off, thanks for the blow by blow coverage of the Lego Direct Q&A. I really enjoyed reading it on Sunday night. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend BrickFest. I saw the scans of the catalog posted by Kevin at (URL) . I'm (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Even though I no longer work fo the NS, they describe a Train as "an engine or more then one engine coupled with or without cars, displaying a marker." It also says see Rule 19 which basically says on single or multiple engine consists, the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

The other part that pains me is the scrape the brick. I'm thinking that since we're building down 20-30 some bricks we can find a way to do this without needing to alter bricks. Haven't thought it all the way through, but for me that would need to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Unfortunately, due to the way the GMLTC builds modules, there really isn't such a thing as a "quick design change" on our layout... I was looking at some small reed switches at a surplus store this past weekend, I might splurge (around a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) There could be a problem using these on that return loop. It's all curves, and this sensor looks like it has a rectangular 2x4 plate between the sleepers so it'll only fit on straights. Perhaps there's time for a quick design change John? (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Actually, technically I think a locomotive can be a train. Normally, anything running on the mainline is a train, whether it is a single locomotive, or a locomotive pulling a number of cars. On the other hand, the Super Chief is the name of a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) After reading this post here on Lugnet, I grabbed a catalog and asked several folks from LEGO if it was a typo. There were several raised eyebrows, but no one told me it was in fact a typo. They diddn't elaborate, they just refused to say it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) I have to agree on this point. Not only that, in Australia very few stockists actually have lego trains. Even the current Australian catalog shows very little. This lack not only kills the current market but also potentially destroys any (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

There seem to be a few errors in the catalog - but I think it is a real good sign that Lego printed a Train catalog. The text for the Metroliner says, "The train light shines while the train is in motion." - no constant lighting. On that same page (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) That's GOTTA be wrong? You would think that if a constant lighting circuit is being introduced some mention would have been made of it. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact