 Trains / 16928 (-10)
  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) John Barnes/HiTechnic? He was showing off a lot of his wares at BF. (URL) that his "train sensor" is a light sensor, basically, but set to point directly up so that train shadow activates it. It's only a plate and a tile high though. Also (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) Yeah, you need a "starter set". In fact, my belief is that there should be at least 2 starter sets available at retail. (...) Look at Thomas The Tank Engine Tomica World (the stuff with the blue track). You can get several different starter (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) Actually, the French version: "Les lumières s'allument lors d'une arrêt." is even more specific. "The lights illuminate /during/at the time of/ a /stop/halt/." Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) I don't agree with this analogy, because there's one piece missing. Games consoles are sold as massive loss leaders, then the money is recouped on the accessories (games, controllers, gadgets etc.). The model was developed long ago for selling (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) or (...) Think about games consoles. You can't sell anyone the games without first selling them the console, but once you've sold the console, you can sell them the various games, extra controllers, etc etc. It's the same with trains. Sets (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) You make it sound so easy... <grin> Do you have to orient it a certain direction? Knowing my luck I'd install it upside down or something... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

(...) This is just a guess, but perhaps "full stop" actually means "full throttle". 'Stop' might be a translation for an 'indent' of some sort... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

Sure, I just pull directions from the website. from : (URL) & Hours of the Jackson Street Roundhouse The Jackson Street Roundhouse is located north of the Minnesota State Capitol. Take the Pennsylvania Ave. exit off of I35E. Go west two blocks to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

I thank you both for your answers. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Pedro- It would depend on which time frame you wanted, and the fact that there were other routes besides the most famous Chicago to LA one that used different configs. Here is a helpful link somebody posted a while back about the Super Chief: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact