 Trains / 16855
Re: Rail Racer Screamer has a body
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:28:36 GMT

Actually the second car hasn't been finished yet, I'm working on it now. The
front is pretty much cosmetic and really serves no function.

As for my modified engine I'm a bit disapointed. I set up the Rail Racer
layout this evening so that I can get it cleaned up and packed for the fest
and have noticed that my engine isn't working well on the track. It seems
that there must be some drop in the amperage going to the track, even though
I read 9volts the engine performs very slowly, much slower than a stock
engine. So I figure that this must be due to the fact that the power has to
travel though a polarity switch and some other connections before reaching
the track (this is all part of the power switching system that allows the
RCXs to return the racers to their starting systems).

So it's back to the drawing board for my modified engine. I'm looking
forward to seeing yours Rob.

jt

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix writes:
Just how does that front piece constitute as the second car?  I know you can
push your second car, but that looks pretty rigidly attached to me...

-Rob - who also has his screamer built (but not skinned)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message
I have put a body to the modified Rail Racer engine I have prepared for
Brickfest, so it's ready to take on any chalenge put forth.

Here is a shot of it:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/RailRacers/Screamer/dsc00036.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/RailRacers/Screamer/dsc00036.jpg

You may notice that since it's in the modified class I'm allowed to use a
few non-LEGO parts (megablox chrome blower):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/RailRacers/Screamer/dsc00041.jpg

There is also a Jack Stone piece on the front, there are actually a few • cool
parts in the Jack Stone stuff (a few)

Here are a few more pictures (when they become available):

See ya at the races!

jt

James J. Trobaugh
Rail Racers - Drag Racing LEGO Trains