 Trains / 16782
16781  |  16783
Subject:
What about track/layout modelling?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:42:12 GMT

Hi,

For now I have seen some great engine/cars models made by the train community.

I am wondering why there is so little on modelling of track and realistic
layout. I want to make a somewhat permanent railroad/layout (which should be
operated by computer via a I2C-link at the very end). Currently I am reading
some model railroad books for H0 and N scales. There are a lott layout
possibilities, however (as you might know) the Lego train scale/format is
rather difficult in use. Still, I want to make somehow a more or less realistic
scenery (just a pity that Lego doesn't make different [remote controlled]
switches). I am wondering why Lego doesn't start a new train track series for
model railroading, next to the toy-lego-train? I would buy it.... (even more).

Do you have some kind of a realistic scenery? What do you think?

I saw in this picture on:

which gives some realism. I wonder if the train gets power from above and not
from the track (I have no idea how it is called).

Guido

PS. I am seriously thinking on customising some track parts....