 Trains / 16773
Re: Micromotor Point Switcher (!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:41:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rick Clark writes:
I've been looking for a new way to do remote point switching. I wanted a
system that met the following criteria:

1. Uses an unmodified point.
2. Smaller and more unobtrusive than existing designs.
3. Simple and reliable.
4. Won't tear itself apart if left on for short periods
    (especially important for computer-controlled applications).
5. Indicates switch position from a distance.
6. 100% LEGO with no rare pieces.
7. Can be removed and re-installed fairly easily.

I believe I've got it. My new design meets all these requirements in a
5x5x5 space.

Hi Rick,

I guess you 'discovered' the egg of Columbus ! Nice solution and NO
modifications at all! Just great.

Regards,
Ludo